This week, my family and I have been on vacation. A vacation that we’ve dreamed of for a long time.
The vacation happens to be my son’s “Make-A-Wish” that was granted due to his battle with leukemia.
I’ve learned a lot on this vacation!
1) My family TRULY enjoys spending time together, it’s like a mother’s wish come true.
2) My children are very funny, kind, and caring; something many parents wish for.
3) My son is healthy and enjoying his wish immensely; a REAL dream come true!
4) My God is bigger than ANY illness could ever be; no wish there, pure reality!
I’ve learned many other things along the way as well…..
1) My children are far from perfect, and the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
2) My children’s bodies have changed over the years as we have changed our eating style. (That translates to: My children feel sick after eating certain foods prepared outside our home made with junk.)
3) While it makes me sad to see my children have upset tummies, allergic reactions, etc. I am THRILLED to know that my children’s bodies have done some healing as we’ve changed our diets to a traditional, REAL food, style of eating.
So why is that photo at the beginning of this post? Well, I couldn’t pass up sharing a great deal with you all! 😉
After seeing how my family reacted to foods not prepared by me in traditional ways, I was so excited to see some of my favorite books on sale and had to share!!
You don’t have to have Celiac Disease to eat gluten-free foods. You don’t have to be following a Paleolithic diet to eat grain-free meals. You can enjoy the recipes in this ebook bundle and feel good about them all! 🙂
In fact, I have a confession to make….. I rarely make a recipe exactly as it reads. I am a recipe tweeker and I have become my mother! You know, one of those women who says, “just add a pinch of –” or “about a teaspoon of –” or the dreaded, “just throw whatever you’ve got in there! Yep, that’s me.
I’ve actually recently considered challenging myself to cook through an entire cookbook, word for word. Eeek! (I just felt butterflies in my stomach.) **If that interests you, let me know which cookbook from the ebook bundle you’d like me to work through, we could do it together! 😉
Well, it’s been great sharing with you, but this evening, we have a very special “last night” planned, so I gotta go. Talk to you soon!
Keepin’ it real,